Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5, M3 is hosting the “Men and Masculinity in a Changing World” conference in Princeton, NJ. Read more…
- This event has passed.
June 5, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - June 7, 2015 @ 2:00 pm$3 - $349.00
Men, Sexuality and Love Workshop: Fable vs. Possibility
Sponsored by Men Mentoring Men (M3)
June 5-7, 2015; Morristown, New Jersey
Facilitated by Dr. Ed Adams, Psy.D
This safe, supportive workshop for men deeply explores areas such as sexuality, intimacy, happiness, masculinity, and love. Most of us know that there is hardly a more misunderstood area of a man’s life then sex and love. In this workshop, we will share open and honest dialogue about such topics that are often confusing and sometimes conflicted and avoided.
The purpose is for participants to gain clarity and peacefulness about themselves as sexual, connected human beings. Come prepared to explore, think newly, share, and laugh—and leave with compelling new possibilities about yourself, your sexuality, and your relationships.
Here are some of the questions that we’ll explore together:
- What are some confusing messages you hear about sexuality, intimacy, and love?
- What does popular culture tell us about being a sexual man?
- What does it take for men to become comfortable in having closeness and friendship with other men?
- How does the male sexual body work, what can go wrong, and what you can do about it?
- How do sexual feelings change with age, health, or loss of desire?
- How can compassion and self-compassion make a difference in our experiences of our relationships, bodies, sex, and love?
- Are feelings of arousal always about sex?
- Is happiness dependent upon sex?
Within a beautiful setting and in the context of an emotionally safe environment, men will participate in small and large group discussions, quiet self-reflection, open sharing, film, play, and learning from subject matter experts.
To register or for more information:
Please email or call David Rothstein: dentist1127 at comcast.net; (215) 833-2904.
When: Friday, June 5 (6:00 PM) through Sunday, June 7th (2:00 PM)
Where: Loyola House of Retreats, 161 James Street, Morristown, NJ 07960
Tuition: $289 for M3 Members; $349.00 for non-members.
Includes: Individual room and all meals.
Who: Men who want to expand their understanding, acceptance, and comfort about sexuality, physical health, and experiences of love and relationship.
Space is limited. Registration closes Sunday May 31st.